Fort Egbert National Park
The Fort is a former Yukon River U.S. Army post, which was established in 1899 to bring law and order to the Fortymile country during the Klondike gold rush. After the boom, an Army Signal Corps was established here to operate a telegraphy and wireless station until about 1925. Currently, BLM manages 5 restored structures in cooperation with the local Eagle Historical Society. Exhibits and tours are available in the summer. An interpretive trail on the Fort grounds provides access to the ruins of other structures. Fort Egbert National Historic Landmark includes the Fort as well as structures in the adjacent community of Eagle.
Bureau of Land Management Fairbanks District Office 1150 University Avenue
Fairbanks, AK, 99709